October 15, 2009

Post-Op Purple Pants






Poor little Dylan Dog was neutered today. The vet was lovely and adores the little fella so he was in very safe hands. He came out of the operation fine - a little woozy then slept for a few hours before waking up at 10pm and whining the whole night, completely disoriented. It's a big deal for a little puppy boy but I'm sure he will be back to normal soon and tearing around the place once more. I bought him a 'get well soon' squeaky toy and he managed to chew the ears off it immediately - I think that's a good sign.

Our vet doesn't like to use the 'lampshade-head' apparatus for dogs unless she absolutely has to so sent me off to buy some children's boxer shorts for the little pupster this afternoon! They cover the wound and are meant to stop him licking at it. I'm not sure Dylan is impressed with this new look- I could only find purple 'Hannah Montana' ones to fit him - I think he would have much preferred 'Ben 10s'.



2 comments:

  1. We hope you're back to 100% soon, Dylan! We're so glad you don't have to wear the evil lampshade! The pants are a MUCH better idea!

    Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the purple pants! Hope he's feeling better soon...

    ReplyDelete